Thursday, March 1, 2012

Do not fear

Isaiah 41:10, So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

This scripture has been given to me by two different people in the last four months. One of the things that I have learned about God is that when something is repetitive, you need to take note. I have often felt alone at times in dealing with fear. I blame my lack of faith and trust I have in God, or I blame anxiety.  All I have to do is open the bible and see over and over again that God does not want me to live in fear. I came up with the following (I’m drawing a blank as to what this is called) to help me when I am feeling fearful or attacked. These are scriptures that I have become very familiar with over the years. I am calling them my “war” verses.     

FFiery darts from the wicked one - Ephesians 6:16b

E – For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

A – Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God – Philippians 4:6

R – In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength – Isaiah 30:15



FFear not for I am with you – Isaiah 41:10

A – All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant - Psalm 25:10

I – I will fear no evil for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me       Psalm 23:4b

TTrust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding – Proverbs 3:5

HHe rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. Psalm 18:17 /  O LORD my God, I called to you for help
and you healed me. Psalm 30:2

I have felt so spiritually attacked for the past two weeks. I have had to come up against and deal with things that I was not happy about. The wildest thing about the last two weeks is that God orchestrated a group of women to meet with me and minister to me and encourage me in the midst of all of this, none of them knowing that this was going on at the time. God continued to show me that although our enemy is real, the victory over my life has been won. We are battling a constant war; the great news is the ultimate defeat has already been won. If we have given our lives to God then we have the promise of eternity with him. If not, then God help you, if you were to have witnessed just a few of the things that I did you would be running. I am so thankful that I have a relationship with Him and I knew which direction to run to.
Oh, and to add to the attacks that I experienced throughout my dreams and my thoughts, I was able to witness a baby snake that lay just inches from my sons bare feet. Seriously! It’s only February…this can’t be a good sign.

Over and over God kept reminding me of his promise…his covenant.
2 Corinthians 4:7-10 says, 7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

There is freedom in Christ. There is protection in His blood. I feel more equipped today then I did before this experience and my confidence in God is higher. Although I was at war I could not be touched, through my faith in who I am in Him I am saved.
Psalm 144:1-2 1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle. 2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge...


I realize this post may be a little heavy for some, you should have been in my shoes while it was happening. I wanted to share this with you because He is our conqueror and our deliverer. I don’t want to forget that, and I don’t want to live a day without Him.
On a lighter note, I downloaded Mandisa’s song Good Morning while this was going on. Until the dreams stopped I would get up in the morning a play it, and when it got to this part of the song I sang it with all my heart, “I went to bed dreaming, you woke me up singing, get up get up hey…good morning”. Oh how that was a good morning when it was over.

1 Peter 5:8 says, 8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
 I wish things like this weren’t true, but unfortunately it comes with it. I do not fear evilness, I fear not giving myself over to the plan that God has for my life. When it comes down to it, I am thankful to be a threat. And I am thankful that I can be fully dependent upon my God who upholds me with his righteous right hand.

Thank you LORD for the sacrifice you gave us through your son. May you give us mentors and leaders to teach us and place us in the positions to be the same for others. I pray for unity in the Body of Christ. I pray that anyone holding back on their commitment and walk with you will lay their burdens down and trust you. Let our walk be a vision of beauty to you, make straight our paths. Give us the security to be released from our fears and our strongholds. Help us to know and love you more.
In Him

2 comments:

  1. Amen Sister in Christ and Niece by blood. You got this. The Lord is with you. Another good scripture is 2 Timothy 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and love and of a sound mind. Continue to trust in in him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo from the heart. Thrilled that you got victory over that fear. Praise God! He is at work
    And fighting our battles for us.

    ReplyDelete