Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Do they know?

Romans 10:14-15

14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!


How do they know if they have not heard? For me like so many others, It wasn’t so much that I refused to know Jesus, I just didn’t really know a whole lot about him. I remember when I began to feel the stirring within me. I also remember when the thought of all of this was just too much…too strange and I shut it down completely. But then I remember that day when God revealed himself to me in a way that scared to me to death. And then I just knew.
I don’t always have the right words to say to someone in sharing the Gospel and I sometimes walk away from the conversation feeling as if I failed or went about it wrong. I even get bogged down by the times of my life that were a poor reflection of Him, if even a reflection at all, and wonder if people can see Christ within me now.

I so hope that is the case. I hope that today, even through my failures and my flaws, that my life would be a witness for Him.
Our Youth group is meeting every Sunday morning with the purpose of making sure we are equipped to correctly spread the news, the good news of the Gospel. I wanted to share with you one of the ways we are learning, it is called the Roman road.

Romans 3:23 - 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Romans 6:23 - 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 5:8 - 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 10:9 - 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 10:13 - 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”[
Romans 5:1 - Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have[a] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
Romans 8:38-39 - For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

 I tried to piece together what I could with this, there may be a few scriptures that I am missing, I’ll let you know next week after I fully learn it myself. I just thought that this would be a good reminder or good notes for each of us. I also wanted this to be available to someone who has never read it before also. God’s word is so full of the Gospel and this is only one of many ways to share it. I hope that it blesses you and that you will bless someone else by it today.
Years ago I wrote this poem. I must admit I laughed a little when I came across it today. It’s a little all over the page, but I guess you are used to that if you have been reading this blog long. All I know is that what this poem is about was absolutely everything for me once I knew Him.  

Silence

No beating wings, no hymns of praise – the angels gathered starring at his face.

And one not dare to ask God why, they knew the time had come for his goodbye.

 The time before, he called they went, but things were different now His days were spent.

The screams the blood they could not bare – Release us LORD, send us there!

The crown of thorns that pierce His face, remove them LORD in this we pray.

Well give him ours, each one we’ve earned, except this offering for His return.

The cracking whips, the tarring skin, the damaged body no doctor can mend.

The angels hearts are calling out, their mouths won’t open for fear of shout!

Whose voice was it that calmed the sea, that filled the sky, that breathed in me.?

You are the one that spoke it all and still right now your grace with fall.
 
Those words you spoke, even to the shores, “Stop right here, you may come no more.”

Then stop this LORD speak your command. He just turned to them and raised his hand.

The angels stopped in fear of what was next, in silence he spoke and in silence they wept.

Now that they could see the plan, but not for Jesus, it was for man.

One by one they hit their knees with tear stained faces and hearts unease.

Wings that weren’t broken but could not fly, moments that seemed forever but raced right by.

They watched them lift Him off the cross. God let us go, we will keep watch!

When God said yes they flew they went, straight to their savior and protecting Him.

LORD lock us up and send them away they’ve done enough just let us stay.

 The angels watched as they cleaned His face, they searched for the beauty the blood had erased.

They stood close by, not an inch they moved, starring as they lay Him in the tomb.

Crucified He was, resting He is now, waiting for His day when God’s word would be lived out.

Preparing in the Kingdom now for the right hand of the throne, Jesus is our Savior, to all this will be known.

Three long days have passed; oh how much longer can this take, this moment we want to cherish, for this moment we cannot wait.

Raise Him LORD and let’s rejoice we want to see His face.

The time has come they’ll be set free, but will they thank you for this grace?

The glories yours we must confess, in silence we believed,

now sound the trumpets and beat the drums a celebration is due indeed.

Now lift your voice and sing a song of praise to our King,

you truly are the faithful one, because of this they are redeemed.

We bow our heads and lift our praise to the right hand of the throne, because of this you’ve saved their souls and claimed them now your own.

Man will know Him by His name and live beneath His reign.

They Kingdom come thy will be done they’ll pray this in His name.

He gave his Son, his only Son, for you it had to be, His mercy and His grace stretched out; worthy child I have one plea.

So take this gift that dwells within your heart that once was stone. He loves you more and asks you now, surrender before his throne.

k



1 comment:

  1. They won't know if we don't tell them. It's hard to do sometimes but the rewards are so great. For some people all you can do is live your life before them. No greater mission in this life than to see others receive Christ as their Saviour.

    ReplyDelete