Friday, January 27, 2012

***Follow up from Security in My Savior

I felt that this was important to tell you this after yesterday’s post. I always know after I write something if the Holy Spirit was woven through it from the responses I get. There are plenty of times, actually most of the time that I will make my weekly post and hear nothing at all. Then every once in a while I will have a response that is huge. I knew yesterday when I sat down that this was going to be one of those posts. It was not at all what I had in mind to say, but since I fully committed this blog to the sole glory of God I knew to completely step back and give Him full reign.

The reason I am telling you all of this is because as soon as I finished posting yesterday I felt attacked. I took on a sadness over different things that were going on and acted out my extreme frustrations on my husband and even my children. I found myself mad and eventually exhausted and had no real reasoning behind it. My point is this. If we are going to claim to be and step out of our comfort zones to live a life fully devoted to God, then we better get ready for war. The enemy takes no time at all to test us. All Satan has to do is throw a few curve balls to see how we react to them. Are we going to do and live the way we talk about in church and in our bible studies or are we going to crack under the pressure and react out of our flesh?

I am not one who talks about Satan much, nor do I give him much credit for the actions or situations in my life, however sometimes it is just necessary to call it what it is and put a stop to it right away. After I realized what was going on with me last night I loaded up my kids, took them for ice cream and went to the church to play basketball and volleyball. I tried to make amends with my husband this morning and opened my bible for a fresh word for today. This morning I had a friend who told me that she was feeling spiritually attacked today, it was then that I jumped on here to make this post. I opened a website and the scripture of the day was this. Ephesians 6:12-13, (I am going to give you the full verse for the Armor of God), 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Be strong in your decisions.

Don’t be fearful and do not fall for the devils schemes. We serve a God that is so much bigger than that. And remember, God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7

2 comments:

  1. And the battle is already won...It's not a competion. Satan could never come close to the power of God and that POWER we have IN us. How awesome is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you are on the right track when you feel Satan biting at your heels, but always remember the song "Satan is under my feet". He only has control if we let him. I am so grateful that I serve a big God who is greater than any situation I can come up against. You got this Kris, so keep on going.

    ReplyDelete